XTension Version 9.4.37
Download for all Supported OS versions; XTension. v 9.4.37 (build 1037)
NOTE: This disk image no longer includes the older legacy plugins that will not be updated for newer OS versions. If you still need to run the CM19, CM15, ZTroller or the various Smarthome X10 interfaces please download the legacy plugins package from here and install the ones you need via the “Install Plugin” menu item of the “Database” menu.
Minimum System Version for this release is OSX 10.10 but not all plugins may function properly prior to 10.13
Maximum supported version is Big Sur but some problems and cosmetic issues remain when running on Apple Silicon.
This version is built with the latest compilers and libraries available and should be able to run on Big Sur with minimal issues, though some remain. and you should report them to be if you are crazy enough to be running that on your server ;)
9.4.37 Change Log:
- NEW: The Caldav plugin now also supports direct vCalendar downloads. Many calendar files are hosted on regular web servers and not actual caldav servers. The plugin now supports them too. Some questions about time zone translation remain but it is working well in testing.
- Hubitat plugin now supports ceiling fan speed control via the popup menu and also enumerated values via that system I added in the last version. Note that it’s handling of such things is very different from the Vera so you may very well have to alter some scripts when converting.
- Hubitat plugin now has an “insert” toolbar menu item for the central scene handling.
- FIX: The New Legacy RFX plugin now properly supports serial port connected devices. (yes, the whole new legacy naming thing is silly)
- FIX: The AD2USB plugin now sends it’s initial updates with the update only flag set. This means that when it restarts the units will only run their scripts if the value in XTension is different from what they are now.
- Reduced the amount of errors that the Hubitat plugin will log if unexpected things show up during the regular database update. This will have more info in the log when something happens. Please send me any such log output so I can fix all those unexpected things.
- Made a timing change to the handling of send emails so that it might reduce the chances it will bump into the running of a loadURL command. Given perfect timing or just a lot of emails and loadURL commands happening at once there was a chance for a crash during their processing. This will probably not completely fix the problem but should reduce the chances of it. In a future build I will convert the method by which the emails are sent to a more modern threaded call to the CURL libraries which will definitely fix the problem for good, there just was not time to get such a thing into this release and fully tested.
- PLUGINS: For plugins who’s linked libraries generate std output or stderr output that was not easily suppressible I added a key to be able to just ignore those pipes. This is useful since anything that gets sent to them gets logged to the XTension log and many of those messages are not really errors. Unfortunately that had the effect of suppressing the errors when I actually wanted to see them after that was set. In this version I do not suppress anything from those pipes going to the log if the interface is in debug mode.