NOTE: This configurator is for the older Wiznet Devices that are not supported by their newer tools. It will not configure the currently supported devices. If you have a recent WizNet device you can run their software on the Mac with a few gotchas. Please visit the new Wiznet Serial To Ethernet Configuration page for more info.
The wiznet cards are convienient and reliable ways to get a serial device connected to your network and not need a USB/Serial adaptor. Unfortunately they did not have a Mac version of their configuration utility. Luckily they did document the protocol for configuring the devices and so I created a Mac utility to do so.
Download: Wiznet Configurator v2.1.4 (6/30/2023)
version 2.1.4 released on 6/30/2023
- fixed problem with the packing byte showing as an unprintable character rather than a decimal number
- fixed a problem where the number of bytes in the serial config would not be set properly when loading from the board.
Version 2.1.2 released on 12/21/2020
- Fully Notarized for Catalina and news OS versions
- New native Apple Silicon support. (untested however)
- Duplicate entries will no longer display when the UDP response is received more than once due to wifi extenders or other local networking routing situations.
- Added a File Menu item for “Visit Homepage” which re-directs to this page.
Several other pages on this wiki reference and talk about the wiznet boards, for more information please see:
The original web page with more info on the program is still available here
License: The program is copyright by James Sentman and is offered for free but without any warranty or promises at all.