XTension Version 9.4.13
Download: XTension v9.4.13 (build 994) 11/25/2018
zipfile md5 = 35f604a3ed4658d95da0e142c0a676b6
NOTE as of version 9.4.14 the minimum system version has increased to 10.10
This version of XTension is the first to officially support OSX 10.14 Mojave. There are several caveats and potential issues you should be aware of before upgrading. I have summarized them on the Mojave Support Page.
- New: Added an “Alerts” window that you can find in the Windows menu. This window contains lists of units that are sending low battery alerts, other errors as well as interfaces that are offline, in an error condition or disabled. The lists update live so you can easily see any units or other items that might need your attention.
- New: Background Processing Window, also in the windows menu. Nightly database backups, load url commands and async shell commands can be monitored here and cancelled manually if necessary. Other items will likely be added to this later so that you can more easily see whats going on under the hood in places you might need to keep track of.
- Fix: Scheduled events can no longer get stuck at the front of the queue if you are running many of them when the machine is particularly busy such as immediately at midnight or if the time changes backwards by a longer time than was the default for allowing them to run in the past which might have happened during daylight savings if you had an event outstanding exactly at the moment that the time updated.
- Fix: Editing an HTML/JSON server no longer can result in the other settings of the interface getting forgotten.
- New: New version of the APC UPS plugin fixes a problem with reconnecting after some network error conditions and adds the ability to receive power failure and other events immediately no matter how quickly you’re polling the device. This requires installing some new user scripts on the raspberry pi, see the above article for more info on how to do that install. Additionally you can now specify a different polling rate for when the power is on and when the power is out. When the power is on you probably don’t need an update to the line voltage every 10 seconds, but when the power is out you may wish to have time left updates that often.
- The VeraUI7 interface will let the Vera take a bit longer to respond to a request for central scene gesture data and will retry if it still fails so that using those gesture numbers should be more reliable.
- Fix: The Lifx plugin will now find the bulbs even if the DHCP server has allocated them a new IP address. Also a unit that is controlled and then doesn’t respond will get the unit error flag set.
- New: In preparation for sharing our database through things like Home Kit it is necessary we have more complicated structures than just units. Towards that end this version adds 2 Thermostat Pseudos. The Thermostat Pseudos allow you to select the individual units that represent the various thermostat settings like heat and cool setpoint or mode. They also simplify setting up thermostat controls in Views as you can simply select the single thermostat pseudo you already setup rather than having to re-select every individual unit each time you want to put the thermostat into a view. There is a single and dual setpoint version available. When you bring up the detailed unit controls for a thermostat pseudo you’ll get a HUD window with the standard thermostat control in it rather than the normal individual unit popup. This way you can quickly access thermostat control from within the app. As of this release those units will not function on the web remotes but that will be added in the next release.
- Fix: I believe I have found why the Alexa interface was going deaf once in a while for some people and have fixed that particular mode of failure. If you are using the Alexa Bridge plugin please update to this build and watch it for any future problems.
- The VeraUI7 interface has increased error logging when the Vera might refuse to return that central scene data. If you are having issues with that still you may find some debug output written to the desktop which you can forward to me and make debugging it easier in the future.
- The VeraUI7 will now properly automatically create the Switch unit for the new Home Seer motion sensing flood light fixture.
- Sorting returns to the Interface list window. Default is by Name but you can now sort by type, status or state as well as manually by dragging the items around as you used to be able to in the past.
- Setting debug mode now has the proper interface set so that filtering on an interface in the log window will show those lines as well.
- Fix: Any plugin interface that used the Incoming Connection settings will now have their defaults properly loaded into the port and other fields.
- Added “delete” to the contextual menu of the Interface List window. Also you can now use keystrokes to better navigate, hitting enter to edit or delete to delete an interface. (don’t worry you will get an are you sure dialog before anything is actually deleted)
- Removed much debug logging from the Video subsystem. If you happen to open a video window in XTension from the Video menu it will display properly without filling your log with debug info with every new frame reception.
- Fix: The app will no longer crash if you control click on a Folder in the Global Scripts window. Instead you will be presented with a contextual menu allowing you to rename or delete the folder. I’ve also added an are you sure dialog before deleting a folder which was somehow overlooked previously.
- The confusing error code 129 that could be logged when a plugin hadn’t closed properly before you re-enabled it is now fixed. Those errors will no longer be confused with actual errors…
- I’ve implemented a new unit selection control. Previously anywhere you had to select a unit a popup menu was used. This works fine until you have a very large database or until you need to put several of them on the same dialog like in the case of the new thermostat pseudo. In that case it could take several seconds to open the window as it built and setup all those interface elements. The selection process now is more like an edit field and when you begin to type into it a popup window will display with all the units in it doing a type ahead for you. Press enter to select the currently selected unit or use the normal arrow keys or other keyboard navigation to select the unit you wish. This basically the same window that pops up in an edit script window when you start typing the name of a unit and then hit the tab key to select from the popup. You did know you can do this right? While editing any script start the line something like: turnon “begin and then hit the tab key to popup a dialog you can continue to type ahead the name of the unit.
current/previous/v9.4.13.txt · Last modified: 2023/02/13 14:52 by 127.0.0.1