XTension Version 9.4.47
Download for all Supported OS versions; XTension. v 9.4.47 (build 1054)
Minimum System Version for this release is OSX 10.10 but not all plugins may function properly prior to 10.13. Please start the necessary work to upgrade to at least 10.13 for future builds will no longer be able to support 10.10.
Apart from a few older plugins the entirety of the application and it’s plugins now run natively on both Intel and M1 macs.
NOTE that no database changes are made while updating to this version so if you do have issues with the new plugins you can return to the previous version by just replacing the previous executable. It should not be necessary to replace the Database with the backup version that will be made when running this version for the first time.
9.4.47 Change Log:
- All plugins that previously used the system install of Python2 have been upgraded to run with the embedded python3 version. This makes the app more easily compatible with the latest MacOS versions that no longer include the older python version by default. This did necessitate many changes to the plugins themselves and while they have been running just fine here and for the beta testers there may still be some gotchas in there. If you experience any issues as your plugins are starting up please copy and paste the log entries of any errors and email them to me.
- Specific list of plugins that were converted:
- W8002 (the new API W800 plugin, the original W800 plugin is still included and was not affected.)
- APC Status
- Haiku Fans
- Max Sonar
- RFX and RFX New plugins (again not affecting the legacy versions of these which are still included and are unchanged)
- FIX: Unrelated to the Python3 conversion several places in the Hue Hub plugin that were throwing errors under some conditions were also fixed.
- The Alexa Sudo plugin now uses a shared connection to the UPNP port so that it can play nice with other plugins that need this connectivity as well.
- FIX: the tpLink/Kasa plugin had some code typos in rarely used error handling that could throw additional errors and fail to output anything useful to debug the error. This is now fixed. Additionally a problem was fixed where if Units existed in XTension for devices that were not initially found on the network they would throw errors during regular polling, this is also fixed.
- NEW: Scheduled Events are now searched from the search window. If you search for a Unit or Script that is referenced in a scheduled event it will show up in the results list now.
- Changes: Several updates were made to the plugin includes to add some extra error debugging and other convenience functions. This should not affect any of the existing plugins but will help to ease some better error handling in the future.
NOTE: This disk image no longer includes the older legacy plugins that will not be updated for newer OS versions. If you still need to run the CM19, CM15, ZTroller or the various Smarthome X10 interfaces please download the legacy plugins package from here and install the ones you need via the “Install Plugin” menu item of the “Database” menu.